Sunday, October 5, 2008

Welcome Home

The day finally came !!! For the last 5 months we have been counting down the days until Matt would come home. I got a phone call on Thursday night letting me know that he would be coming in on Sunday @ 12:40 in the afternoon. So the girls and I were counting down the few remaining days left. On Saturday night I got a phone call from one of the Master Sgt's in QA, to let me know that Matt was actually going to be in much earlier... 8:30am . So in all the excitement we got up to base at 8 am just in case the flight was early... If was awesome ... I can even explain how wonderful it is the have Matt home again, we have missed him so much!

2 comments:

Ahles Family said...

I'm soooo happy to hear your family is back together again. That's wonderful news.

We should get together sometime, I have something to share with you.

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

Hi Julie,
Thanks for your comment on my blog! It's great to see that you have one too-it is so pretty by the way! It has been a great outlet for me, especially during the transition from career woman to stay-at-home Mommy. The transition was a little difficult for me at first but I met so many bloggy friends that made me laugh and cry and helped me realize that I was not alone. Now that I am getting ready to go back to work, I am sad!!

Anyway, I didn't know that Matt was gone...I am so glad to hear that he is back and your family is whole again. It is so hard when they are away. I can't even imagine it with four little ones...two is challenging enough!
:)