Saturday, October 3, 2009

Discovery flight

At the beginning of the week Matt told me that he had a surprise for me. We had a sitter all lined up for the girls but he would not tell me where we were going. I was going to fly a plane, a Cessna 172S. Its called a "Discovery flight", but you get to fly the plane with an instructor. I have to admit I was pretty nervous. Matt sat in the back seat as I tried not to kill us both. The flight instructor had me do all the flying. I took off from the Ogden airport heading south. After takeoff I turned east and went through the North Ogden Divide. We flew over Pine View Reservoir and then cut back through 12Th Street Canyon. The landing is very tricky but the instructor said all landings are good landings. All in all Matt and I are looking to become private pilots in the future. Just another "family activity."


2 comments:

Krista said...

wow Julie- a woman of many skills! What an adventure!

Nate Wendt said...

How cool is that, Matt is awesome. I would love to fly a plane someday, I think it would be a blast. Next time you will have to take some pictures from inside the plane.